AMERICA'S Got Talent Extreme has been hit with serious violations in a federal investigation after stuntman Jonathan Goodwin was left paralyzed from a 30-foot fall on set.
In a statement given exclusively to The Sun, the Department of Labor's occupational safety division said: "OSHA has completed the investigation into this horrific incident involving Marathon Productions, Inc. and issued a citation on April 13, 2022 for two Serious violations."
Just last week the popular 42-year-old stuntman said the October 2021 accident during AGT Extreme's rehearsals in Georgia left him paralyzed.
The basis for citations in OSHA's report is that "an employee was exposed to a fall hazard of approximately 30-feet to ground level, in that; the employer did not ensure an adequately sized airbag or (safety net) was used and correctly positioned to protect the employee from contacting the lower ground level."
The basis of the first citation was that the employer did not provide walking or working surfaces four feet or more above a lower level to protect from falling.
The second was that the employer didn't ensure each safety net system met with requiements.
The Sun was the first to report that an OSHA investigation had been opened immediately following the accident.
On Friday, Jonathan opened up about his specific type of paralysis.
In an Instagram story, he explained his "paralysis starts around the hip height," while the injury is called complete because he severed his spinal cord in the injury.
He also said a spinal cord injury doesn't change who you are, and he added "I'm me, but just sitting down," while adding a note of love to his fans.
LUCKY TO BE ALIVE
Despite life-changing injuries that include losing a kidney and severing his spinal cord, Jonathan appeared to remain positive in a post to Instagram earlier this month showing him in a wheelchair for the first time.
Smiling with his dog on his lap, he wrote: "6 months ago I went to rehearse something and left this little hairy monkey waiting patiently for me… he didn’t see his dad again until just a couple of weeks ago and when he finally did, dad had new cool wheels.
"A lot has changed in the last 6 months, but love is a constant and I’m very very loved. Looking forward to my next chapters and being a roll model."
Most read in Entertainment
In the ill-fated escape, Jonathan tried to break free from a straitjacket while suspended upside down between two cars.
However, the timing was misjudged and the cars were released too early, causing the escape artist - who has appeared on both Britain's Got Talent as well as AGT- to be crushed between them as they caught on fire, leading to horrific injuries.
Speaking about the incident, his fiancée actress Amanda Abbington, 48, revealed: "He fell 30 feet and lost a kidney, broke both shoulder blades, shattered both legs.
"Third degree burns, broke his spine and severed his spinal cord and, nearly died. And then on the operating table, he nearly died again."
She added to Out To Lunch podcast with Jay Rayner: "He's paralyzed now he's in a wheelchair. Unless there's a kind of stem cell surgery or that thing that Elon Musk is designing with the little chip, he'll be like that forever."
Despite the life-altering injuries, Amanda explained he has remained "positive and upbeat and so strong."
The couple had previously been friends on social media for around 10 years, with Amanda following his content as her son Joe thought his act was "amazing."
She explained that they connected after she split with fellow Sherlock actor Martin Freeman and separated from another partner - and when Jonathan had divorced from his wife.
Amanda revealed that at the beginning of their relationship, they spent hours talking on the phone every day before he flew to Vienna to meet her in person for the first time.
The actress said that within half an hour of meeting, Jonathan proposed and the pair plan to marry this summer.